Monday, May 26, 2014

app wont load SIDE BY SIDE error

While running a third party exe(which was built using c++) from C# code, I found this irritating error. "app wont load SIDE BY SIDE error". 

When I checked my Event Viewer, I found the description as:

infoLog Name: Application

Source: SideBySide
Date: --------
Event ID: ---
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: ----
Computer: -----
Description:Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\----\----\-----.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.OpenMP,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.


Again, Google saved me from wasting hours over the error. I downloaded and installed the Visual C++ 2008 Runtime x86:

And my issue was resolved :)

No comments:

Post a Comment